Monday, October 15, 2012

Wardrobe Essentials: The Black Blazer

Having recently traveled to a lot of metropolitan cities including Seattle, San Francisco, and New York, I’ve realized that there’s something missing from my wardrobe, the basic blacks…

You know, the boots, the handbag, the blazer…

Every winter Season I find myself wishing I had more of these basic black pieces in my closet to wear on gloomy days or when I’m packing for a trip to a big city. But living in Southern California where it sometimes can get up to 90 degrees in the dead of winter, I haven’t had much need to buy black (plus I’ve always felt I look better color).

Since I don’t have much, I end up wearing the few black pieces that I own over and over again. And in my recent travels I’ve felt a little out of place because I’m forced to mix in a bit of color. But Black being the ultimate universal color, I know I need more of it. And when I say universal I mean it, San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Paris, anywhere you go, you’ll never feel out of place if you’re wearing black!

So I’ve set a goal for my wardrobe, as I do every season, to “invest” in more basic blacks so I feel more like a “local” while traveling. I always think it’s the best compliment to get asked for directions in a city where you’re just visiting, because it means you look like you fit in!

I’ve check off the boots and the bag from my list, next up… the basic black blazer





Theory Leather Sleeves
Rachel Zoe Velvet Blazer
ALC Jones
Helmut Lang
Maryna Blazer
Halston Heritage
Asos Leather
Patterson Kincaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment